Meet the Team
LA Intelligence, Inc. has been meeting the demanding needs of clients since 1990. From simple to complex, our private detectives have the experience and the resources necessary to handle almost any assignment.
Unlimited intelligence contacts coupled with courage, business savvy, street smarts, a working knowledge of the law, and the ability to think critically help provide the results you are counting on when you retain our firm. We have accepted private investigation cases that have taken us around the world, and we look forward to assisting you with yours.
The hiring of a private investigator should be taken seriously. We invite you to browse through our web site as it provides detailed information to help you decide whether you think we can assist you. You are also welcome to call our ON CALL PRIVATE DETECTIVE any time for a free consultation. While we are not attorneys and cannot offer legal advice. we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
S. Brian Mathews, P.I.
Brian, a California private investigator, served in the United States Navy as Shore Patrolman (M.P) and upon discharge attended college studying business. Married with three children, Brian opened his own business in 1982 and by 1985 was employing over 125 people and generated millions in revenue.
In 1990, Brian met Jimmy, a police officer, former U.S. Marine Captain, and CIA field operative. He formed C.I.S. and received his license in Florida in 1990. Additionally, a licensed pilot enabled him to work undercover for the DEA focusing on high-level smuggling and trafficking cases.
Brian is a columnist for The Coast News, a local San Diego publication where he writes about many past cases and has studied drug/alcohol counseling at UCLA and is qualified to perform interventions.
Since he opened LA Intelligence in West Los Angeles, he has developed an impeccable reputation for obtaining results and his diverse background enables him to bring many skills to the table.
J. Park – Chief Investigator
J. Park has over twenty-four years of law enforcement experience, including creating, staffing, and supervising uniformed and undercover operations and special details, primarily deterring and combating violent crime. As an executive protective and logistics specialist, he has also worked and supervised special details for high profile executives, politicos, celebrities, athletes, etc. He joins forces with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies as well as private security, investigators, and legal teams to accomplish the mission. J. Park excels in overt and covert services including multiple surveillance platforms, investigations, and data excavation.
- Law Enforcement/Investigator
- Special Ops/Cross Sworn – Federal
- Computer/Data Extraction
- Covert Video/Audio Recording
- Advanced Surveillance Techniques
- Firearms ad Weapons Specialist
- Legal and Court testimony
- Communication and Reporting
- First Responder/Medical Training
- Tactical and Covert Driving
- Executive Protection and Logistics
- Well Rounded Defensive Tactics
Awards and Recognition
- Orange County Sherif’s Office (OCSO) Medal of Merit
- Numerous OCSO and citizen appreciation awards and letters
- OCSO specialized unit citation awards and commendations
- OCSO meritorious award of valor
- Orange County and Orlando Chamber of Commerce awards
- Other local, state and federal agency awards
ETA Executive Services, Orlando FL – May 2016 – Present
Logistics and Security Specialist, Executive Protection
- Ensure exceptional security and logistical services to exceed every client’s expectations
- Maintain professional and productive work relationships with internal/external staff, clients and vendors.
Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Orlando FL – April 1992 – October 2016
Deputy/Supervisor: Uniform Patrol, Undercover Ops, Special Ops and Investigations
- TAC Survelience Squad (TSS) / Cross-sworn – U.S. Marshalls
- Night Investigations Squad (NIS)
- Tactical Anti-Crime Unit (TAC)
- Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Hostage Negotiation Team (HNT)
- Metropolitan Bureau of Investigations (MBI – Vice and Narcotics)
- Problem Oriented Policing (POPS)
- Uniform Patrol Division (UPD)
- Orange County Convention Center Unit (OCCC)
James Danforth – Intelligence Analyst
Central Investigative Services – 1994 – Present
Private Investigator / Detective: Conduct professional investigations in all areas of civil and criminal law. Coordinate surveillance operations with specific adherence to safety and security. Offer expert testimony and consultation as both an Investigator and Traffic Accident Reconstructionist. Manage all detective operatives employed by Central Investigative Services, while maintaining professional licensing and certifications.
Fort Lauderdale Police Department – 1983 – 1994
Detective / Officer: Conducted criminal investigations related to: homicide, aggravated battery, sexual battery, robbery, burglary, fraud, auto theft and traffic homicide. Responsibilities included many special undercover assignments in narcotics and street crime units. Developed and implemented the Community Policing concept in Fort Lauderdale. Member departmental Special Weapons Assault team. Received promotional assignments as well as more than 50 departmental and civilian letters of commendation and appreciation.
Naval Intelligence – 1979 – 1983
Federal Agent: Conducted criminal felony investigations and counter intelligence operations for the Department of Defense (DOD). Responsible for all narcotics investigations in the Tri-State area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Analyzed multi-national corporations for fraud and contract irregularities. Coordinated the joint efforts of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies during investigations.
Joint Anti-Terrorist Task Force – 1980 – 1983
Special Agent – (Team Leader) Central Intelligence Agency: Responsible for hostage threat analysis, establishment of protective service details for senior military and civilian authorities in NATO, following the hostage taking and terrorist threats for these people in 1980. Planned, coordinated and participated in the successful operations to rescue American hostages held by various international terrorist organizations including the rescue of General Dozier in 1981. Assisted foreign intelligence agencies in their development, training and coordination of anti-terrorist efforts. Received Navy commendation for participation in hostage rescue operations.
- Broward County Courthouse, 17th Circuit Court – Florida
- Lowell Superior Court, Middlesex County – Massachusetts
- Lawrence Superior Court, Essex County – Massachusetts
- Dedham Superior Court, Norfolk County – Massachusets
- United States Federal Courts – Florida and New York
BS Degree, Business Administration, Marketing – Merrimack College, Andover, MA 1972 – 1976
- Federal Agents Basic School
- Organized Crime
- Hostage Negotiation
- Vessel Identification & Smuggling Techniques
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
- Certified Federal Firearms Instructor
- Federal Unarmed Self-Defense Instructor
- Internal Security Counter Intelligence
- Organized Crime
- Criminal Law
- Narcotics Enforcement
- Designer Drugs
- Tactical Police Driving
- Tactical Police Survival
- Police Weaponry
- SWAT Operations
- Domestic Violence & Substance Abuse
- T.E.A.M. Leader / Facilitator
- Tough Communication for Tough Situations
- Code Enforcement
- Urban and Suburban Gangs of the 90’s
- Investigation the Internet
- Accessing Public records
- Continuing Education Seminars 1995 – 2000
- NRA Basic Pistol Marksmanship
- NRA Advanced Pistol Marksmanship
- Naval Intelligence
- New York City Police Department
- U.S. Treasury Department
- Naval Intelligence
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Criminal Justice Institute, Florida
- Institute of Police Technology and Management
- Fort Lauderdale Police Department
- Licensed Private Detective Association
- Industrial Shooting Inc.
Serving All of Southern California
Here are just some of the areas we serve in Southern California:
Trust Your Instincts
When clients contact us about their suspicions,
they are on point 90% of the time!